koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: a simple update-items.pl tool

From: Joe Atzberger
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: a simple update-items.pl tool
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:30:22 -0400

Shelves are biblio based, with good reason.  The item may have "more" info, but it is quite possibly *wrong* info compared to the other items on the same biblio. In logic, the shelf listing resembles most closely the hit list returned from a search, except that it is composed by an individual rather than returned by Zebra.

Importantly, the shelf should be able to represent titles where NO ITEM exists, and therefore cannot be item-based.  Other than that, though, the workflow to add items to a list could very well accomodate barcode scanning in single or batch form.

--Joe