koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Languages.pm module in rel_3_0

From: Joshua M. Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Languages.pm module in rel_3_0
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:49:49 -0600 (CST)

----- "Chris Cormack" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joshua M. Ferraro wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just had a crack at a first draft of the new Languages.pm module,
> > which provides functions for getting lists of languages. It's well
> > documented, so perldoc is your friend. Please try it out and if you
> > find it useful, incorporate it whenever you need to get a list of
> > languages.
>
> Hi Joshua
>
> Looks good, I guess the plan is to deprecate the language functions in
> C4::Koha?
Exactly ... it made sense to store language functions in C4::Koha when
we only had one ... now that we have at least three, I think it makes
sense to pull them into a separate module that provides richer
functionality. The deprecation of C4::Koha stuff should be pretty
simple ... I know Ryan's already done it for the new web installer
(soon to be committed), and I'll try to update the other areas asap.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS