koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: Re Re: [Koha] Koha reports not working

From: Mohamed Imran K R
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: Re Re: [Koha] Koha reports not working
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:03:36 +0530

Hi
    i have attached the Auth.pm file. pls look into the same and solve my ldap query

the problem it does let the users in to opac, but it gives out a warning in the logs as
[Tue Aug 22 14:54:29 2006] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] LDAP Auth failed server not responding or wrong user password
[Tue Aug 22 14:54:29 2006] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] combination at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Auth.pm line 529.

i checked the members section on the lib interface and it has indeed added a user.

also i am not able to fetch any data from my ldap server and populate the koha db

pls do look into this

On 8/22/06, Chris Cormack < address@hidden> wrote:
Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:
> Mohamed Imran K R a écrit :
>> there are thousands of users and more provisioned. so i just want the
>> changes to be reflected as and when the users change info about
>> themselves. for manual sol, i have to synchronize every now & then
>> hoping that there is no loss.
>>
>> the koha ldap module fetches & fills in the data from the ldap into
>> the borrower table of koha db. i dont how is it related to MARC!
> It is not.
> koha_ldap modules, as far as I know, was designed by someone who needed
> it once, neither by me nor by paul (iirc). And it seems NOT populating
> borrowers table with data from LDAP. LDAP is merely used as a login
> facility.
>

> But paul will come back next week I can ask him.
Hmmm

Looking around line 575 it seems that it updates the borrowers table, or
creates a new borrower if one doesnt exist.

But we should probably continue this discussion on the koha-devel list.

Chris

--
Regards
Mohamed Imran K R