koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Koha 3, new features local "includes" directory

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Koha 3, new features local "includes" directory
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:21:38 +0200

Hello,

During the dev_week, in May, we spoke of a new method to have personalized templates. the idea being to have something more easy to changes than a full theme of templates. It's very hard to keep a full set of templates uptodate, the difficulties we have with default & npl on rel_2_2 branch show clearly this !

HTML::Template is really smart : it contains a TMPL_INCLUDE pragma that can be used to import outside templates. The directories where the templates are taken from is defined when you open the template.

We have divided our PROG templates in different conceptual parts :

* the header, in doc_head_open.inc & doc_head_close.inc (we have 2 so we can put a <title> in it)
* the main menu, in menus.inc
* the module menu, in menu-modulename.inc. Each module (acquisition, cataloguing, authorities, circulation, members, serials, parameters, tools, reports...) has it's own included file.
* the main part of the page : it's specific to each template.
* the footer, in intranet-bottom.inc

I just have added a systempreference, called "intranet_includes" that let you define the directory where the included files will be taken from. by default, it's the "includes" directory. BUT, if you modify the value to "includes_npl", you'll arrive to something that look like the npl templates (roughly, it's just a Proof of Concept).
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants