koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] koha 2.2.6RC2 is ...

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] koha 2.2.6RC2 is ...
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:21:10 +0200

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
Congrats Paul ... great work!
Some comments follow ...

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:00:12PM +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
Koha 2.2.6 is more than 247 000 lines of code, developed by more than 30 differents developers (and even more translators).
how is the line count calculated? does it include comments and
docuementation?
http://bureau.paulpoulain.com/cvslog/cvschangelogbuilder_(rel_2_2)_koha.html

shows ... 175 000 lines. Stranges, I thought it was 247 000. Maybe I have removed some things.

With the 2.2.6 version, Koha is now a mature product, with a lot of nice features. It's used in more than 100 libraries, of all kinds (public, schools, religious...), of different sizes (from 1 to 8 branches, from 1000 to 300 000 items).
I think we need to update this paragraph. How many libraries is Koha
installed in now? I know it's well beyond 100 ... probably
beyond 1000 ... maybe much higher ...

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=kohausers shows 88 libraries. Some more from you, some more from me (that I have to add to this page).
We are SURE of more than 100 because we can list them.
but as a free software, we hope than many many more libraries use Koha.

we also know that there are 2 derivatives (1 from Argentina, 1 from India i've been told)

We should probably change the line here. Something like :
"more than 100 libraries are listed as user, and Koha is probably used by more than 300 libraries. There are 2 projects derived from Koha, one in south america, one in india"

There are some additional dependencies for the new barcode module
as well.

could you list them ?

we have 15 blocker bugs: http://tinyurl.com/kwuo3

OK, I will work on them today.
and MANY MANY thanks for the time you spent cleaning bugzilla !!!

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants