koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: about recent serials commits...

From: Robert Lyon
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: about recent serials commits...
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:00:19 +1200

Hi Paul,

Sorry for my way too brief commits, I just had so many bits of info to get in all at once that I was planning to explain after commiting things - but then I had Internet connectivity problems so writing this email got somewhat delayed :)

I've tried adding POD info now to the Serials.pm file to make things a little easier to understand

Also some documentation about what Katipo are trying to achieve with this new corporate serials system can be found here: http://blog.katipo.co.nz/?p=15

As the corprate system was designed over the old serials system it uses some of the same subroutines/scripts

It might be a bit broken currently - but getting the new code in was an important step

Will try fixing problems/clashes with the current serials system over the next few days

Robert

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Hello Robert, (& Chris & al),

i've seen your recent commits around serials.
I've taken a quick look at them, and your commit notes are quite ... small ... (+ new script don't always have a POD doc, shame on you !)

could you give us some explanations on what they did ?
for example :
* did alt_subscription_add REPLACE the previous subscription_add, in your idea, or is it another one, the previous being still useful ?
* I need some details on routing features & claims.pl

(PS : thx to have commited to PROG & fresh /serials/ directory + fixed some wrong links still pointing to /bull/ !)

--
Robert Lyon
Katipo Communications