koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Reserve system

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Reserve system
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:01:32 +0200

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:27:10 -0400 Owen Leonard wrote:

> Hi Pierrick,

Hi Owen,

>> 1. A reserve can be linked to a biblio or to an item.
>
> [...] But librarians might need to reserve a particular item because
> of damage, for instance, or a missing CD from a set, etc.

Instead of reserving a specific item, shouldn't we prevent from
reserving damaged items? Isn't column items.notforloan done for this?

>> [... Pierrick wonders why only first reserve can be cancelled ...]
>
> [...] A woman places a reserve on a book, and when it arrives she
> sends her husband [...] /only/ the first reserve is relevant [...]

I don't understand why woman's reserve would be the first in the list.
Do you mean that only if the reserve shown is for the woman, then the
librarian can issue the book to her husband?

When trying to issue a book, wouldn't it be better to list all the
reserves on the biblio and let the librarian select the reserves to
cancel?

Bye

--
Pierrick LE GALL