koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] how to run perl modules

From: Nathan Gray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] how to run perl modules
Date: Wed Jul 27 10:20:24 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:28:25PM +0530, Rajam S wrote:
> I have installed Koha in my institution where we use Linux. I have
> edited the fine for books. I have edited Fines.pm file. I have been
> instructed to put fines2.pl in cron every night. It is from fines2.pl
> that the Fines.pm is called.  I have put only fines2.pl to cron. But
> this file is not getting detected at all. What could be the problem.
> Please help me sir. And also, how do I test whether my modification is
> working well. If I compile using perl, it shows a lot of dependency
> errors. Please help me out of this.

Perl uses the @INC array to determine the directories where modules
reside.  If the Koha modules are in a directory outside of the normal
perl @INC, perl will not find them.

There are several workarounds:

  1. Invoke perl with a parameter specifying additional directories to
     search in:

       perl -I path/to/C4

  2. Alter the fines2.pl script to push onto @INC:

       push @INC, 'path/to/C4';

  3. Set up symlinks from your Koha module directory into your normal
     perl path.

       perl -e 'print join("\n", @INC, "")'
       ln -s /full/path/to/C4 path/to/site_perl/C4

Hope that helps.

-kolibrie