koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Dewey bug (119)

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Dewey bug (119)
Date: Sun Jul 17 14:18:15 2005

Stephen Hedges wrote:
> Can anyone think of any reason to keep the biblioitems.dewey column as a
> DOUBLE(8,6) type?  After installing 2.2.3, I still had problems with this
> bug, so I did:
> ALTER TABLE biblioitems MODIFY dewey VARCHAR(10)
> Everything seems to be working fine -- at least I have yet to find any
> problems created by this change.  Is the dewey column ever part of any
> numeric functions?  If we make this change to the biblioitems table, can
> we close this bug?

Yep, lets do that.

Ive made this change to the recent 2.2.x installs ive done, with no ill
effects thus far. All I suggest is we make it a varchar(50) or something
a bit larger than 10. But making it a varchar of some point is a lot
better than have it a double.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz