koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Installer meeting 2005-07-05 outcomes

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Koha-devel] Installer meeting 2005-07-05 outcomes
Date: Wed Jul 6 14:24:38 2005

1. General structure
 + We will split configure, build and install stages.
 + We will investigate ExtUtils::MakeMaker and may use it.
 + This should make packaging and porting easier.
 ( Ultimately, Bundle::Koha may return. )

2. auto-install
 - This function will go away, replaced by configure flags.
 ( There could be a wrapper for configure if wanted. )

3. L10N
 - With the move away from Q&A, this is less important.

4. PostgreSQL support
 + This is not seen as a major problem for the installer.

Meeting was held at 21:00 +0000. Logs at www.koha.org/irc
Thanks to all contributors. (Bracketed items not mentioned.)

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/