[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.1 is available
[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.1 is available
Mon Feb 21 09:26:00 2005
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (X11/20041206)
The new version of Koha is available.
* Download the package
* tar xvfz koha-version.tar.gz
* cd koha-version
* READ and FOLLOW the instructions
READING what is on screen during installation is VERY important. Some
decisions you make during install stage are very hard to reproduce after.
UPGRADE from previous 2.0.0preX or RCx version
* Download the package
* tar xvfz koha-version.tar.gz
* cd koha-version
* Follow the instructions
UPGRADE from previous 1.2.x version :
UPGRADE TO A 2.0.0 version before upgrading
UPGRADE from a 2.1.x version is NOT AVAILABLE. Don't install 2.2 on a
2.1.x test database. A lot of DB changes have been done since 2.1.x &
cannot be handled by the DB updater.
Diff 2.2.0 => 2.2.1
* fix for http://bugs.koha.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=811 :
The OPAC requires uses to log in to view virtual shelves, but it does
not require a user with librarian privileges
* multiple biblio subtitles are correctly stored & shown in simple
(non-MARC) view, even after a biblio modif.
* multiple main authors are now correctly handled in simple (non-MARC) view
* it was possible to create a cardnumber that was already defined
* in serials module >> add subscription >> select biblio : The next /
previous page were invalid.
* in serials module >> add subscription >> select biblio : impossible to
report the biblio when there is a quote in it (' was not escaped)
* "waiting" status was often inaccurate for a reserved material (should
show "in transit" while not in destination branch)
* issn were not stored correctly in non-MARC DB on biblio modification
* in catalogue, modifs were not stored properly the non-MARC item DB.
Affect only libraries without barcodes.
* in thesaurus structure, deleting a tag delete the tag in each
authtype, not only in the selected authtype.
* plugin unimarc_225a (seriestitle) did not show the seriestitle list,
when there was no ISBN
* in authority structure, trying to delete a tag in an authority type,
deleted the tag in the default authority type.
* in authority structure, trying to define the 400$0 created a "400$@"
("subfield" for fields <100)
* many bugfixes for a better mod_perl support
* bug in acquisition : the title was also stored as subtitle.
* serial subscriptions : modifs to handdle correctly more than 1
subscription of the same biblio. Enter subscription detail in
subscription notes (like "for branch XX" or "for 2nd floor"). The
subscription details are all shown in OPAC.
* serial subscriptions : you can now delete a subscription that is not
yet active (= has only 1 issue in "waiting" state)
* adding series title and publication year limits in opac-search form.
* improvements and fixes in Nelsonville templates
* adding a brief/detailled display in biblio basket view.
* in biblio basket, adding the possibility to open a biblio (in the main
window) by clicking on the title
* circulation >> issue : showing borrowernumber code just after the
* the search on barcodes has been changed to "start" instead of
"contains". It's more logic
* in ISBD & MARC view, codes like itemtypes, authorized values... are
shown in complete form, not as code.
* do not show reserve fees if they are not applicable (0)
* show a message for libraries with no reserve possible, when the user
clic on "request" button.
* adding a "un-debar" button in circulation screen, to unset "debarred"
flag for a borrower (ported from nelsonville templates)
* adding a link to member page to jump to issues page directly (ported
from nelsonville templates)
* Adding two print versions of the member details screen (ported from
- moremember-print.tmpl is a full-page view with information about the
patron, issues, and reserves
- moremember-receipt.tmpl is a brief view with information about issues,
designed to be appropriate for a slip printer.
* member detail : adding opac login in main page
* adding notforloan column in admin/itemtypes list
* in unimarc_field_225a plugin (collection chooser), ordering the list
* in member search, adding an option to order result by name or cardnumber
* added the price in order history
Diff 2.2RC5 => 2.2.0
* rolling back lock_tables_privs = 'Y' during install stage (too many
problems) The option is shown in bulkmacimport instead.
* bugfix for the search on a MARC detail, when you clic on the
magnifying glass (caused an internal server error)
* error in authority => biblio 'jumper' that make the jump fail (was a
* when modifying a biblio, on a repeated field with many subfields, the
test to show empty subfields in X>1 was wrong : the missing subfields of
the 1st field were repeated.
606 has $a$x$z
1st is 606$a (so $x$z empty)
2nd is 606$a$x
The marc editor in the 2nd field showed before this fix :
606 $a a_value
(the 2nd $x being useless)
* Authorities : Minor changes in summary "exploding" (the 3 digits AFTER
the subfield were not on the right place).
* partial support of the "linkage" MARC feature : if you enter a "link"
on a MARC subfield, the magnifying glass won't search on the field, but
on the linked field. I agree it's a partial support. Will be improved,
but I need to investigate MARC21 & UNIMARC diffs on this topic.
* New systempref parameter : opacstylesheet If this parameter is set to
a stylesheet URL, this stylesheet will be used instead of the opactheme
one. With this parameter, you can have your own stylesheet for OPAC,
that will be used and kept when you update your version of Koha. The
systempref must be a complete URL
(http://www.koha.org/stylesheet/somestylesheet.css for example)
* improvements in shelves management in OPAC (synch'ing with librarian
interface) : the user can modify a bookshelf, add a book into a
bookshelf from the biblio, create a bookshelf "on the fly", from the
* new directory migration_tools in $KOHA/misc Will store various
migration tools. bulkmarcimport has been moved here.
* minor change in MARCdetail : when a field is repeated, the field
header is not repeated but replaced by a nice little empty space.
Diff 2.2RC4 => 2.2RC5
* limiting the number of search term to 8. There was no limit before,
but 8 words seems to be the upper limit mySQL can deal with (in less
than a second. tested on a DB with 13 000 items) In 2.4, a new DB
structure will highly speed things and this limit will be removed.
FindDuplicate is activated again.
* bugfixes in french translation (that made cataloguing in french
* set lock_tables_privs = 'Y' during install stage. Note this requires a
mysql version not too old.
* during update, if the user enter a different directory for backup than
the default one, the updater does not obey and stores in default
directory anyway !
* minor (spelling) fix for adding an organization
* member search (bug 851) : stripping out comma and apostrophe from
* various methods to split subjects (depending on OS, a <CR> / <CR><LF>
* circulation / issue : adding a button to cancel an issue when a
confirmation is required (bug #858)
* circulation / issue : adding a checkbox to confirm reserve cancel when
a reserved book is issued by someone else (bug #858)
* virtual shelves : adding feature to create a virtual shelf on the fly,
when adding a biblio, and feature to modify a virtual shelf name/status
* catalogue : adding a systempref to define default view in OPAC (either
normal, MARC or ISBD). Created automatically during install or update.
Check that you have a Koha >> parameters >> systempreferences >>
BiblioDefaultView, Variable type : Choice, Variable options :
* an improvement has been done in DB calls that needs a new index. It's
automatically added in fresh installs, but for updates, run the
following SQL command :
ALTER TABLE `marc_subfield_structure` ADD INDEX ( `kohafield` )
* adding a systempref to define default view in OPAC (either normal,
MARC or ISBD). Created automatically during install or update. Check
that you have a Koha >> parameters >> systempreferences >>
BiblioDefaultView, Variable type : Choice, Variable options :
* the list of authorities types is now ordered by authtypetext. Thus you
can use the "space trick" : if you add a space before an authtype text,
it's shown first. Useful when you have an authority type that you use
more often than others.
* authoritiy list shown in authtypetext order (so authtypetext with a
space appear first, hint used everywhere else for lists)
* some minor html changes (like changing "images" numbers in "text"
numbers for result list page numbers.
Diff 2.2RC3 => 2.2RC4
1 CRITICAL bug in acquisition (another one...) : when MARC=ON, and an
order line is created from an existing biblio (to buy another item), the
MARC biblio is lost and replaced by the non marc one (that has a lot
less informations...). To solve the problem, the biblio can no more be
modified after the order has been placed. Less feature, but more
reliable ! (not simple solution to solve this problem. Would imply to
rewrite the MARC biblio from the non marc datas, and no API is provided
for this yet)
2 CRITICAL bugfix in Biblio.pm, removing &branches declaration (was due
to an untested cvs rollback, opac-search.pl was crashing)
3 CRITICAL bugfix in Biblio.pm when MARC=OFF. subjects were stored and
immediatly deleted. And not stored correctly in MARC part of the biblio.
(thanks to Waylon Robertson)
1 bugfix in updatedatabase (auth_header creation table). Don't affect
previous install of 2.2, only upgrades 2.0 => 2.2
2 reading rec : Fixing link to toggle between full and limited display
3 bugfix for moremember.pl that no longer outputed item type for issues
4 defaulting actual cost to estimated cost (was 0 by default)
5 bugfix : in biblio search, - and other signs where not properly
managed. Leroy-Beaulieu could not be found
6 the popup of the 210c plugin closes when a collection is choosed
7 bugfix : could not select a biblio in subscription creation if the
book was not for loan
8 minor fixes in spelling in subscription
9 adding acquisition in default userflags. This flag can be set for
librarians that have access to acquisition
10 in subscription enddate calculation, bugfix when subscription based
on number of issues (worked when based on subscription length)
11 in subscription next issue date calculation, bugfix when subscription
frequency is 1/quarter.
12 datelastseen is updated when the book is returned
13 moredetail.pl shows incorrect date, incorrectly formatted (bug #689)
14 DuplicateFinder has been disabled : sometimes goes into a looonnnggg
15 when a query returns only one result, adding it to basket did not work.
16 deletion of a suggestion was buggy. Now fixed
17 for installation of Koha under Windows there is a bug with subject
splitting. Now fixed. (thanks to Waylon Robertson)
1 a lot in book shelves
2 Submitting with no barcode in issues should clear for next patron (bug
3 screen added to see late issues from a given bookseller
4 Koha should now work under mod_perl (Release Manager don't use
mod_perl. fixes comes from A. Tarallo, Argentina, that ensure Koha works
fine with mod_perl with the patches applied)
1 show also item tags into marc list of fields (in librarian search
2 email sent basket : the sender can give it's name, in case the basket
is sent to a friend, not to itself
3 removing useless string in isbd view
4 cataloguing, in isbnsearch, after searching a title/ISBN, the
librarian can choose the framework (+ it's a cataloguing screen, not an
5 serials : in issues management, the waited/late issues bloc is before
the collection state bloc.
6 serials : the intranet note has been removed, it's useless
7 after an authority is added/modified, go to this fresh authority
(instead of authority-home)
8 search option in auth-top
9 in OPAC, the itemcallnumber search is a "start by" search (was a contains)
10 opac note is defaulted to '' (was 0, that means nothing)
11 adding blank to relshiploop (altrelationship) loop (Bug ???)
12 when deleting an itemtype, don't check issuingrules, but delete them too
13 For MARC=OFF installation, Waylon submitted a script to rebuild MARC
part of the catalogue. It's in misc/updatemarc_subjects.pl (thanks to
Diff 2.2RC2 => 2.2RC3
* CRITICAL bug in acquisition : biblio badly stored in MARC part of
Koha, deleting another biblio...
* CRITICAL problem : the duplicate finder (when adding a biblio) has
performances problems under certains circumstances.
* bug #862 fixed : Upgrade does not work (from 2.2RC1 to 2.2RC2)
* bugfix in acquisition, when a line is modified, aqorderbreakdown was
duplicated. (Seems it was a mysql return value depending on mysql version)
* bugfix in setting user permissions (they were stored, but not shown
* bugfix in translation error for basket sent in OPAC
* bugfix in 225a plugin (editor chooser)
* adding itemcallnumber entry in systempreferences during install
* error in biblio detail showing when MARC=ON (bug from RC2, did not
* bug in acceptorreject OPAC suggestion (bug from RC2, did not exist before)
* Not really a bug but : stopword must not be empty. If it's empty, the
* During install, the user can load french and english stopwords if he want.
* French librarian interface seems OK
* addbook (1st page when MARC=ON) is a catalogue screen, not an
* The barcode is shown in the list of books issued by a borrower in
Diff 2.2RC1 => 2.2RC2
* bugfix for import in reservoir : title and isbn where not extracted.
* bugfix in OPAC : it was possible to reserve books that where "notforloan"
* bugfix in circulation : no warning when a reserve was made on a book
that you try to issue to someone else.
* bugfix & improvement for catalogue management behaviour when MARC=OFF
* bugfix in bookshelves (in CVS, probably not in official tar.gz)
* bugfix in online help (in CVS, probably not in official tar.gz)
Koha 2.2 has, of course, all the previous features from Koha
(acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, members modules, OPAC, complete
MARC support...) plus the following new ones :
* (almost) complete rewrite of librarian GUI : now Koha uses CSS, and is
easier to use. However, users of Koha 2.0.0 won't be lost, as the
general organisation of the product has not changed.
* Online Help : an online help is available everywhere in the librarian
interface. It's complete in the parameters section of Koha and for new
features. It will be completed for the rest of the product.
* Better LDAP suport : Koha 2.2 can be "connected" to a LDAP server and
get all borrower informations from there (including borrower category
where applicable). However, to avoid problems for libraries without LDAP
server, the LDAP features have been stored in
modules/C4/Auth_with_ldap.pm file. The standard Auth.pm don't use it. If
you want LDAP, just perldoc Auth_with_ldap.pm and manually tune your
Auth package !
* Auto installer : if you install koha with ./install -i
/path/to/auto_install_file, then Koha will be installed almost without
question. A very usefull feature for developpers that want to
install/uninstall Koha quite often. A sample of auto_install_file is
provided in misc/auto_install_file.
* Uninstaller : run misc/uninstall.pl, provide the mysql root password.
that's all. Koha is completely deleted and can be reinstalled. With the
previous feature, it's a very nice solution for test platform.
* mod_perl : Koha should now work under mod_perl, that gives a big
performance boost (Release Manager don't use mod_perl. fixes comes from
A. Tarallo, Argentina, that ensure Koha works fine with mod_perl with
the patches applied)
* Nelsonville have shared their templates. They are available as NPL theme.
* Language : in this version, only english and french versions are fully
functionnal. Spanish and chinese are provided, but not fully
functionnal. Polish, German, Arabic, Hebrew, and many other languages
have volunteers and should be here in a future 2.2.x
BE CAREFUL with uninstaller :
1- This script does not ask for confirmation after mysql root password.
2- This script uses /etc/koha.conf. If you have more than 1 koha on your
server, use /etc/koha.conf for a "deletable-test" one.
* suggestion : borrowers can suggest items to buy in OPAC. Then, the
librarian can manage (accept or refuse) and order them.
* possibility to close a basket, he can't be modified then
* order a basket by publisher or by bookfund/publisher
* search order history
* Cataloguing frameworks : you can define as many frameworks as you
want. A framework describes how a material is catalogued (which fields,
subfields, which constraints on them...)
* MARC authorities : Koha now supports authorities in MARC. You can
define the MARC structure for authorities like for biblios.
* New contraints can be set for subfields :
- subfield is hidden : appears in MARC editor, but not in OPAC.
- subfield is an URL : the field can be cliqued
- related fields : a search made on a subfield also uses other
subfields automatically. Using this feature, a search on "title" can
search title, but also subtitle, uniform title,...
* Item location can now be done on 3 levels : the branch, the location
(room), the callnumber.
* The callnumber can now be calculated from the LC, the dewey, or be
freely (and manually) entered.
* Duplicate finder : this powerful feature help your cataloguers
avoiding duplicate biblios.
* ISBD view : in librarian interface as well as in OPAC biblios can be
shown in standard (default) presentation, in MARC (human readable) or
ISBD. The ISBD view can be tuned by the librarian team. There is also a
systempref to define default view in OPAC (either normal, MARC or ISBD).
Created automatically during install or update. Check that you have a
Koha >> parameters >> systempreferences >> BiblioDefaultView, Variable
type : Choice, Variable options : normal|marc|isbd
* UNIMARC plugin for every 1xx fields : ESNMP have developped all the
plugins for UNIMARC fields 1xx. Those fields are coded fields.
Serial cataloguing :
Koha 2.2 manage serial subscriptions and issuing of those subscriptions.
(Only a few words to describe a very important & complete module !)
Catalogue search :
* Search in OPAC and librarian interface has been improved. They now are
exactly the same.
* Spelling suggestion : before sending a request, the user can ask for
spelling suggestion. This shows other forms of words entered that would
give results. Give poor results for instance, the Koha team is thinking
to a true spellchecking.
* The user can select the order of the results and the number of results
* The borrowernote field is shown on issue and transfer.
* The textmessaging field appears in OPAC when the user logs in.
* New issuing rules : Issuing can be set for branch / borrower type /
item category, by number of days and number of items available.
* "joker" issuing rules : the library can set issuing rules for "any
branch" or "any borrower type", or "any item category".
Both issuing rules are cumulative : a library can set issuing rules to
10 books, 5 CD, but 12 total (books or CD).
In Koha 2.2, koha has :
* baskets. A basket can be printed or sent by mail to the borrower
* virtual shelves : a virtual shelf can be created and filled by any
logged borrower. A given virtual shelf can be private or public. Or even
* language chooser : the borrower can change the language on the fly.
The default language being still choosen by the library
* complete CSS definition. With a new systempref parameter :
opacstylesheet. If this parameter is set to a stylesheet URL, this
stylesheet will be used instead of the opactheme one. With this
parameter, you can have your own stylesheet for OPAC, that will be used
and kept when you update your version of Koha. The systempref must be a
complete URL (http://www.koha.org/stylesheet/somestylesheet.css for example)
Barcode printing :
A new module has been added to the parameters section : barcode
printing. It requires the PDF::Api2 Perl package and can print barcode on
The future of Koha is being discussed on mailing lists and on koha wiki
Consultant indépendant en logiciels libres
responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://www.koha-fr.org)
- [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.1 is available,
Paul POULAIN <=