koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Test::Debugger

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Test::Debugger
Date: Fri Sep 27 15:17:03 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:54:12PM -0400, Pat Eyler said:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Tom Schutter wrote:
>
> > On 2002-09-27 12:35 Pat Eyler wrote:
> > > Yes, the C4 directory is where the core modules reside.
> >
> > I am curious.  Why "C4"?  Plastic explosive?
>

> You may need to wait a while for this answer ... the katipo folks (the
> ones who would know the answer) are all on their weekend.

Hiya

Bit of Koha history.
C4 was the working name for koha .. then it became kumara for a short period
of time. Before Koha was decided on.
I cant quite remember how C4 came about, but it seemed to suit the initial
development of Koha, which was pretty volatile .. and the install had to be
handled carefully at HLT, so things didnt explode :-)

Perhaps when we think about Koha 2.0 .. we might do a s&r to change
C4::whatever to Koha::whatever.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz