koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [RE] about MARC structure : additionalauthor and illust

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [RE] about MARC structure : additionalauthor and illustrator
Date: Wed Jun 19 06:03:07 2002

Ville Huhtala wrote:

In Steve stuff, he use for every author/illustrator, a 700 field, with $a containing the name and $e containing the role (author or illustrator)
In my UNIMARC manual, i can find :
700 : main responsability : $a as name, and $4 as title. I have no $e subtag.
---
$4 as a title? According to UNIMARC Manual http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/uni7.htm
$4 Relator Code
The code used to designate the relationship between the person named in the field and the bibliographic item to which the record refers. The list of codes is to be found in Appendix C. Repeatable.
You may have old/misprinted manual.

No, i just have a french manual and made a wrong translation... I wanted to say $4 was the "job" the $a made. I translated it by "title" ;-)
--
Paul