koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Inconsistent Display of Search Results

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Inconsistent Display of Search Results
Date: Sat Mar 30 16:33:01 2002

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 10:22:18AM +1000, Roger Buck said:
> I notice that some OPAC search results do not return information about
> "Item Type, Class, Branch, Date Due " etc.
>

> For example:
> This one DOES NOT show information when accessed via OPAC:
> http://opac.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=opac&bib=7921&title=The%20Annotated%20Alice
>
> ..but the same seach DOES show information when accessed via intra:
> http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=intra&bib=7921&title=The%20Annotated%20Alice
>

> This one shows information via OPAC:
> http://opac.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=opac&bib=38542&title=A%20lamb%20like%20Alice
>
> ..and shows information via intra also:
> http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=intra&bib=38542&title=A%20lamb%20like%20Alice
>

> Why don't both entries show the information, both when accessed via OPAC
> and via intra?

This is what the HLT library want to happen, the first item is lost, and as
such shouldnt be shown to the borrowers.
Of course the librarians are able to see it.

Work is being done on the opac now so that ppl are able to customise it to
suit their display needs. But for now it still works the way Horowhenua want
it to work.

Hope this makes sense

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz