klog-users

[Klog-users] Features needed..

From: Steve Gilbert
Subject: [Klog-users] Features needed..
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:30:48 +0000

I'm trying 0.4.3 and imported a large log of over 12,000 QSO's. I noticed that
some of the log entry details are NOT shown in the log section, like name,
locator, QSL sent/received. These details can only be seen when you do a SEARCH
for a particular callsign. Maybe the font of the log section is too big, and I
cannot show all the fields.

It would be nice to be able to show the DXCC or WAZ total for each BAND or MODE,
and to able to edit the DXCC or WAZ file from within the program, as for example
the WAZ is not always entered correctly from the log. Try entering UA0Y and you
will see the ZONE is wrong in the INFO section. Of course, UA0Y is zone 23. You
need a ZONE field within the log input as well, so when you enter the callsign in the log, it will always be correct.

You also need a DXCC field for the log input, as sometimes it will not be correct from CTY.DAT. for example EA2BB/LH is shown as NORWAY, but if there was a DXCC field, you could enter the correct DXCC entity.

All good fun....Stephen, G3OAG