jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Client Auth Enabled, Getting "RSA Signature not ava

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Client Auth Enabled, Getting "RSA Signature not available" Error
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:42:44 -0700

On Apr 6, 2007, at 4:26 PM, chinmaya wrote:

Hi
I tried using client auth and I used following as the only cipher suite for the negotiation TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA. This is causing an error on the TLS server side,
giving me 'RSA signature not available error'.

Isn't RSA signature impelementation part of Standarad SUN JDK?
Is there anything I am doing wrong? Any suggestion to fix this?

The code is actually looking for the signature algorithm called "TLSv1.1-RSA", which handles things a little different. This *should* be a part of Jessie: in gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.Jessie there is:

  put("Signature.TLSv1.1-RSA", SSLRSASignatureImpl.class.getName());
  put("Alg.Alias.Signature.TLSv1-RSA", "TLSv1.1-RSA");
  put("Alg.Alias.Signature.SSLv3-RSA", "TLSv1.1-RSA");

And the class SSLRSASignatureImpl implements this. If you're installing the Jessie provider properly, this should work.