javaweb-submit

Re: [Javaweb-submit] Java Based Load/Stress Testing Software

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-submit] Java Based Load/Stress Testing Software
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 21:42:14 +0100

>>> <address@hidden> 08-Aug-01 3:35:49 PM >>>

   I have been working on a Java Based Load/Stress
   Testing software, on the lines of Mercury Interactive
   LoadRunnner. Currently I'm am working on implementing
   a system for testing curses based applications via telent
   emulators, using the JTA ( Java Telnet Applet ) package.
   I would like to start this as an open project so that other
   developers can join in and expand the system to include
   GUI and web-based application testing.

Cool!

   I was wondering if you would be willing to host and back
   the project. Everything in the project is based and developed
   using GNU or GNU compatible systems.

The savannah system is available to anyone who wants to setup a
GPL/LGPLed project.

Go to: http://savannah.gnu.org to register a new project.

You can ask for a savannah project to be evaluated for inclusion in
the GNU project, if you do that please copy us in here and we'll add
you to the list of active GNU java projects.

GNU can't offer much except hosting facilities, all GNU java people
are basically volunteers (some do work for the FSF or for Redhat but
there's only about 5 of them).

Having said that, I'd maybe be interested in making your system do
webload testing. But there are issues with java and load testing,
something maybe we could talk about once you've setup a project.

Nic Ferrier
GNU-Classpathx and GNU-Paperclips maintainer