Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_socketd limiting problems

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_socketd limiting problems
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:59:32 +0200

On 07/12/2014 08:25 PM, Willem Buitendyk wrote:
I have a high network server with jail kit and I’m hitting the limits of jk_socketd which causes my rsync to stop working.  I notice in the man it states "If you expect a high logging rate in a jail, it is recommended to use syslog to create the socket in the jail instead of jk_socketd.”  I am a little unclear how to use syslog instead of jk_socketd.  Do I comment out jk_socketd in the /etc/init.d/jailkit and replace somehow with syslog?

don't use jk_socketd at all, but change the configuration of your syslog daemon to open an extra socket.

There are multiple syslog daemons, so it depends which one you are using. Some need an extra option at startup to create an extra socket, others need a change in their configfile. Please check the manual of the syslog server that is running on your system.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/