Re: [Jailkit-users] HELP.How to add custom commands to jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] HELP.How to add custom commands to jail
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:28:24 +0200

On 04/06/2012 08:59 AM, Dimi Onobodies wrote:
Hi guys.

I need some help here. Yesterday i managed to install and configure
jailkit on CentOS. Everything looks perfect and all works smoothly. So,
first step is done. I created my ssh jailed user who can login properly.
My problem is:

I want my user to have two custom commands. In more detail i want to
create a custom command which is going to simply execute:

iptables -L -t nat -xvn

1) I want the user to be able to view the firewall and forwarding rules
but i dont want him to give him the complete iptables command in order
to avoid the user too change iptables settings. Hence the custom command.

dump the current firewall in a file (every hour or so) and place that
file in the home dir?

2) I want to add ping command.

ping needs superuser privileges, but you can add it to the jail. If you
use jk_cp it will strip the setuid root bit from the permissions, so
you'll have to correct that manually.