[Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords

From: aaronrus
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:20:18 +0000 (UTC)

I've setup jailkit and have a working system. I can SCP files to the jail but can not use filezilla to SFTP. SFTP is configured in the jk_lsh.ini in the jail. If I change the jail login shell to bash I can use filezilla and still be in the jail.

1) What needs to be done to make the jk_lsh shell work with filezilla?

2) On a different note when using bash in the jail users can't change there password. Ive tried copying /usr/bin/passwd and its librarys to the jail but I get an error message passwd: pam_start() failed, error 26 when trying to use it in the jail. Seeing the password management is maintained outside the jail how can I allow users to change there passwords?

2.6.31-22-generic #69-Ubuntu i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks
Aaron