Re: [Jailkit-users] noob q. :)

From: Snowman
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] noob q. :)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:51:56 +0200

Olivier Sessink  wrote / napísal(a):
Snowman wrote:

Hi,
i just want to ask how to set timezone in jail. I googled for some
solution, but i didnt find something related to this.
What i did is I touched /etc/localtime with jk_cp -j jaildir
/etc/localtime.

now on outside jail : outsidejail:/home/user# date
Sun Apr  6 01:07:32 CEST 2008

and inside jail: address@hidden:~$ date
Sat Apr  5 23:08:04 UTC 2008

problem is probably still in timezone. So anybody knows how to set it to
CEST ?

next to setting the timezone you need the timezone data itself in the
jail too.

In Ubuntu these files are in the tzdata package:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/all/tzdata/filelist

regards,