Re: [Jailkit-users] Unable to start any programs

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Unable to start any programs
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 23:10:55 +0200

Mats Ahlgren wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I ended up creating the chroot by hand from scratch and ended up
having the same problems -- I think it was a problem with not having
the libnss* files from both /lib and /lib64 put into chroot/lib and
chroot/lib64.

64bit binaries on Suse 10 will need the /lib64/libnss* files, 32 bit binaries will need the /lib/libnss* files. So creating a chroot jail with both 32 and 64 bit binaries can be tricky.

What does make it easier is to create a jail on a 32bit system, and deploy it on a 64bit system.

regards,