[Jailkit-users] permissions for multiple accounts

From: antoine fink
Subject: [Jailkit-users] permissions for multiple accounts
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:54:15 -0400

I have setup a few jail accounts for customers.
Everything seems to work ok (ssh,sftp,scp,etc), except for one thing :

Every user can view all the accounts (but not their contents).
For instance, let's say I have the following accounts : foo, bar, foobar
Now, user foo can login and ...
   $> cd /home
   $> ls
   foo   bar   foobar
   $> ls bar
   Permission denied.

So user's can't see the contents of other users' home directories, but they can still see that I have multiple jail accounts.
All users can also see the contents of /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

How can I fix this ? How can I make it so that user "foo" doesn't even know there exists other jail accounts ?

--
Antoine Fink
Software Engineer,