jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] jail shell after login connection closed

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] jail shell after login connection closed
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:04:40 +0100

Your best place for information is in /var/log/syslog (or
/var/log/messages).

Maybe run this in one terminal session when you are attempting to
connect with your 'peter' user:

$ tail -f /var/log/syslog
or
$ tail -f /var/log/messages

(Obviously that depends on which file you have in /var/log).

Also, if you log onto that server with a non chrooted user and then
type:

$ su - peter

Does that show you any errors?