info-sather

CVS (was: Math library)

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: CVS (was: Math library)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:46:32 +0100

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 01:27:12PM +0000, Darren J Wilkinson wrote:
> As for being a volunteer, I would be very happy to contribute to the math
> library, but wouldn't really want sole responsibility! I think the best way to
> proceed is for a "group" of "volunteers" to work together via CVS. I vote
> myself, Keith and Nobbi to the group, together with anyone else who is
> interested! Is there any way to set up a CVS server on the GNU site, or even
> at Waikato? I could set one up at my place of work, but it would be a bit
> neater for things to be held more centrally. Cheers,

GNU offers everything we need in that respect. I had already planned to start
a public CVS, but in the meantime the library was far too unstable to do
anything like open development. By now, that might have changed.

If you, Keith, think it is time to start a public CVS, then that would be the
way
to go now. For now, it should be ok, that Darren, Keith and I have complete
write
access. Once other volunteer want to join in, we could try to find a more
modular
approach.

Unfortunately, my time-resources are somewhat limited at the moment. I'm
willing to keep on with my job of maintaining the GNU site (including the
technical issues of making releases etc.) but I'm not gonna be able to do
anything more than the bare minimum. If anybody is capable and willing to
take over that responsibility, I'd be happy to pass it on.

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!