info-mtools

[Info-mtools] Re: [Mtools] mcopy file over 2.0GB

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: [Info-mtools] Re: [Mtools] mcopy file over 2.0GB
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:23:30 +0100

icoslau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i try use mcopy do transfer from a external usb hd with msdos filesystem one
> file but these file has 3.2GB.
>
> mcopy pass many minutes copy the file but after 2.0GB lose the file with this
> message:
>
> "Internal error, offset too big"
>
> mtools, in case, mcopy has a file size limitation?
>
> is another way for mtools copy these file to my linux system?
>
> Tks a lot for tips.
>
> IcosLau

There was indeed a problem with the max file size limit. This limit is
4GB minus one byte, but mtools erroneously had it at 2GB. I've fixed
this in 4.0.10.
Moreover, if the file is indeed bigger than 4GB, the new version of GNU
mtools now warns about it right away, rather than starting the copy and
only "noticing" this midway through.

Regards,

Alain