info-mtools

Re: [mtools] Mounting Floppy ab:

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [mtools] Mounting Floppy ab:
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:37:18 +0100

On Saturday 18 January 2003 15:10, jim tate wrote:
> When I attempt to mount ab I get the error message:

I'm not sure I understand your question: what do you mean by "mount
ab"?

> "Can't connect to floppyd server on localhost, port 5703 (Connection
> refused) Cannot initialize 'A:'init: set default params Cannot
> initialize 'B:' "

>From the error message, it looks as if you are trying to use floppyd
(to remotely access a drive on another machine; such drive is usually
named x:). In order to do this, you first need to start floppyd on the
machine where the drive physically resides.

If you do not intend to access a remote drive, be sure to remove the
"remote" keyword from the drive definition.

> Trying to run MToolsFM 1.9-3 on RedHat 8.0 .
> What and were , config file do I need to modify , and how ?

And what happens if you try to use mtools directly (for example "mdir a:") ?

Config files are /etc/mtools.conf and ~/.mtoolsrc (both contain the
same kind of items; but the latter takes precedence).

The mtoolstest command allows to display the name of the configuration
file where it got the settings from:

> mtoolstest a:
drive A:
        #fn=2 mode=0 defined in /home/aknaff/.mtoolsrc
        file="/dev/fd0" fat_bits=0
        tracks=0 heads=0 sectors=0 hidden=0
        offset=0x0
        partition=0

This example shows that the configuration for drive a: comes out of
the /home/aknaff/.mtoolsrc file.

(the output is lengthy, pipe through head or less to spot the relevant
line)

> Thanks
> Jim Tate

Regards,