info-gnuts

[Info-gnuts] valor uniquely

From: Dinah Pennington
Subject: [Info-gnuts] valor uniquely
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:37:16 -0700

This was a make-or-break sort of deal.
So around four thirty, I took a quick trip to my favorite stall in our office bathroom. Murphy's Law is a bitch, yo. That phone and I were joined at the hip for the full twenty-four. Of particular interest was to me the discussion after Engelbart's demo about the future of the book.
So we know a transformation is happening and we know the patterns of usage, as a result, we can shape our tools to create the kind of Web we want.
Something with strippers and tequila and an industrial floor buffer, preferably. That phone and I were joined at the hip for the full twenty-four. I was like a minuteman, ready to spring into conversational action at the drop of a hat.
Personal hygiene and potential underpants unpleasantness aside, I'm simply not that coordinated.
Sometimes you just need to do what you gotta do. Something with strippers and tequila and an industrial floor buffer, preferably.
There are three other stalls, a handful of urinals, and two sinks.
I slept with the phone. I had my notes with me, just in case, and I sat there and had my important, can't-miss conversation on the crapper. Interaction needs to be tied to information access in order to be useful.
The Internet is a medium where it is easy to misinterpret. Instead we need to shape our world to be better.
There are more "legitimate".
I was quite proud of myself, actually.
Sometimes you just need to do what you gotta do. There are more "legitimate".
It's a simple application of Murphy's Law.
Arguably, this makes the assimilation of information through this medium more efficient. You can only prepare and plan so much, until it's time to face the music.
There are more "legitimate". Interaction needs to be tied to information access in order to be useful. That phone and I were joined at the hip for the full twenty-four. Just like prom night, all over again.