info-gnuts

[Info-gnuts] workaholic

From: Tobias Crosby
Subject: [Info-gnuts] workaholic
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:11:43 -0300

First, it is a Windows Presentation Foundation application, or in other words built with Microsoft's next-generation user interface framework. I'm not talking about its graphics, I'm talking about PR.
It has to be better than relying on the vendor's marketing spin.
It's in an old hotel on the town square in Sonoma, in the heart of California wine country.
And Nissan-Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn has been just as forcefully denouncing the financial demands as absurd and unseemly. The screenshot doesn't convey one of the app's best features, which is how it adapts nicely as you resize the window or navigate between pages.
I travel with a small-ish Tablet at the moment; I'm also interested in the UMPC. But are the various complaints justified? But it will be worth putting aside preconceptions and considering it on its merits. Time will tell; but I'm more optimistic.
For the past week, GM has been publicly demanding billions of dollars in compensation from Nissan-Renault to equalize the terms of the deal.
com - but still at risk of abuse.
Adobe doesn't quite have the offline story yet, but this is coming soon.
Apparently it is not quite as bad as it first appears. There is another little snag. Toy Wishes magazine on Wednesday unveiled its annual list of this year's must-have toys for tots.
Perhaps when I get to use it for the first time, I will be converted. I'm not talking about its graphics, I'm talking about PR.
Toy Wishes magazine on Wednesday unveiled its annual list of this year's must-have toys for tots.
When I first saw it in action, with dialogs flying up constantly as I explored Windows, I misunderstood what Microsoft had done. The reason is that it replicates a printed page on the screen, complete with fixed pages, whereas the Reader reflows the text as needed. When I first saw it in action, with dialogs flying up constantly as I explored Windows, I misunderstood what Microsoft had done.
WPF is more powerful than Flash; but does the Times Reader need the more advanced graphical features?
The reason is that it replicates a printed page on the screen, complete with fixed pages, whereas the Reader reflows the text as needed.
The screenshot doesn't convey one of the app's best features, which is how it adapts nicely as you resize the window or navigate between pages. Too long a gap between Windows releases means that some say Vista is too radical a change, while others claim it has too little to show for its five-year gestation. It has to be better than relying on the vendor's marketing spin. For the past week, GM has been publicly demanding billions of dollars in compensation from Nissan-Renault to equalize the terms of the deal. There is another little snag.
I'm not talking about its graphics, I'm talking about PR. Or will Windows users always get the best of it, to the continuing ire of Macvocates? Maybe this is why it isn't compatible?
It has to be better than relying on the vendor's marketing spin. It has to be better than relying on the vendor's marketing spin.
I travel with a small-ish Tablet at the moment; I'm also interested in the UMPC.
Reviews tend to come either from compulsive review-writers, or from those with strong feelings for or against the product.