Re: nnir notmuch search on specific groups?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: nnir notmuch search on specific groups?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 12:35:49 +0200

Eric writes:

> People have been struggling with this for a while, here's the approach
> that looks most likely to solve your problem:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2016-09/msg00065.html

That doesn't seem to have any hints on how to search only the email in a
specific group?

The nnir-integration built into Gnus, i.e. setting (nnir-search-engine
notmuch) on my local mail back end of choice (nnml), works for me, but
it doesn't allow searching in a specific group.

But maybe notmuch has some search term that can be used.

Yes, there is a path:<directory-path> term, which could be useful. There
is also a folder:<maildir-folder>, if you use maildir.

Maybe nnir could figure out the paths of selected groups and include
them in the search string for notmuch?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "if we are questioned, we tell the observers, april          Adam Sjøgren
  fools, and leave the area before you are also fooled   asjo@koldfront.dk