Re: groups not being scanned

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: groups not being scanned
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:36:39 +0200

On Wednesday, 16 Aug 2017 at 12:21, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Long story short for background: I have had to move back to Outlook
>> exchange server for my emails.  I used to use this server before and
>> everything (sort of) worked.  Moved 1.5 years ago to gmail for speed
>> (especially search) but I have had to move back.
>>
>> For some reason that I cannot fathom, when I ask for new email, only my
>> INBOX is scanned.  Other groups on that server are not even though their
>> levels are low enough (with respect to gnus-activate-level).  Multiple
>> group scanning works on my gmail servers.
>>
>> Is there a server specific setting that would affect this?
>
> Not that I'm aware of... Can you explicitly scan other groups with M-g
> in the *Group* buffer?

I can scan any group from that server manually, with M-g.

My OP was wrong, by the way: none of the groups get scanned.  Somehow I
convinced myself that INBOX was being scanned but it wasn't.

So the question is more straightforward: why is my Exchange server being
ignored completely when I ask to fetch new news?  It's in the list of
servers (and verified looking at the server buffer) and is included in
the gnus-secondary-select-methods list.

> Alternately, edebug the function `nnimap-retrieve-group-data-early' and
> see if the "infos" argument contains all the groups it should? You could
> also take a look at `nnimap-get-groups'?

Very helpful in that it showed that the Exchange server is never
scanned.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga
: in Emacs 26.0.50 + Gnus v5.13 + evil-git-cecbcfb