Re: nnir imap search does not work as expected

From: Arkady Grudzinsky
Subject: Re: nnir imap search does not work as expected
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:36:34 -0700

On Fri, Mar 10 2017, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

[...]

> Imap search is pretty weird -- it wants you to specify the
> search key ahead of time. If you just use GG and then type a
> string, it will search all headers and the body. You can use a
> C-u prefix to GG to select which key to search on (including
> "imap" to write the queries yourself), or set
> nnir-imap-default-search-key to a different key (again,
> including "imap").

Thanks.  How can I specify the prefix?  Everything I type after
C-u seems to be interpreted as a command rather than a search
key.

And where is imap nnir search documented?

Of course, I can do GG author@domain.com and then /-a
author@domain.com, but typing the search twice does not seem
optimal to me.

--