*Group* message counts completely off (and not changing) for imap

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: *Group* message counts completely off (and not changing) for imap
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 08:59:11 +0100

Hi,

I'm using mbsync+dovecot and a .newsrc.eld synced with Syncthing. When I
enter the *Group* buffer, the message count is completely off for the
IMAP folders, e.g. it claims 729 unread for my INBOX that has 21 read
articles and no unread. Another machine claims 1041. Where do the
*Group* counts come from, and what do I do to fix it? I've had issues
with synced .newsrc.eld's before, but typically the numbers were fixed
by just entering and exiting the summary, but no longer.

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer