Re: IMAP - two accounts on one server

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: IMAP - two accounts on one server
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:07:36 +0200

Ted writes:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:17:25 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

> AS> So you could have something like:

> :) This is basically what I wrote in
> (info "(auth) Multiple GMail accounts with Gnus")

I can't find that info-page in my Emacs. Maybe it is too old? (GNU Emacs
24.5.1)

> Do you think that page should be expanded? Or maybe linked from the Gnus
> docs? It seems to keep tripping people up.

Who reads the documentation?

I think the only way to avoid these questions is to change every example
and every tutorial to _not_ use the hostname of the mail server as the
name of the server in Gnus.

I don't think it is realistic to do that. Anyway, we need something to
talk about here as well :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The key to making programs fast is to make them do          Adam Sjøgren
  practically nothing. ;-)"                              asjo@koldfront.dk