nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:12:05 +0200

Hello,

I’ve some old mail archive which I want to migrate to Gnus.

Messages are simply sorted by year folders and I’d like to use notmuch
for querying.

In the past I had mail archive stored in Maildir and configured as:

(nnmaildir "archive"
           (directory "~/.nnmaildir")
           (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
           (get-new-mail nil)
           (nnir-search-engine notmuch))

The maximum number of messages in year-folders is ~6K, so considering my
use case I wonder which mail back end would you recommend for my mail
archive along with notmuch search-capability: nnmaildir or nnml?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.