Mail posting in newsgroups

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Mail posting in newsgroups
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 12:40:49 +0530

I read the mailing lists I am subscribed to as newsgroups through Gmane.
Lately, I've been having problems with posting through Gmane --- posts
don't reach the mailing list for several hours, first postings to a list
don't trigger an auto-authorization message from Gmane, etc.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to post articles and followups in
Gmane newsgroups by email.  For example, if I am in the summary buffer
of the gmane.emacs.orgmode group, and hit `a', I'd like Gnus to start
composing a mail message to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org.  Similarly, if I am
in the summary buffer of that group and hit "F", I'd like Gnus to start
composing a *mail* reply to the selected article, with
emacs-orgmode@gnu.org as the "To" address.  Is there a way to do this?

I was reading about group parameters in the manual.  Will setting
to-address and to-list parameters of the gmane.emacs.orgmode group to
emacs-orgmode@gnu.org do what I've described above?  Unfortunately, I
can't test it without spamming the mailing list with test messages.

Thanks,
Raghu.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/