Re: Expirable mark preserved

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Expirable mark preserved
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 16:09:53 +1100

Marcin Włodarczak <marcin@wlodarczak.org> writes:

> In another attempt to move over to Gnus, I have been trying to figure
> out a thing I have stubled over previously. So I have auto-expiry turn
> on in my inbox and when I open an email, it is correctly marked as
> expirable. However, when I then move a message to another mailbox with
> auto-expiry turned off, the expirable mark is still there even though
> `gnus-mark-copied-or-moved-articles-as-expirable' is set to nil. Do I
> unerstand it correctly that in that case the E flat should be dropped
> when copying/moving?

No, that variable only controls what happens when you move articles to
groups that are total-expirable: Then they will be marked as expirable
there even if they aren't originally.

You have to remove the mark explicitly from the article before moving if
you don't want it to remain expirable.

I think.