Re: choose/set from address & gcc-sent_mail

From: Jens Klöcker
Subject: Re: choose/set from address & gcc-sent_mail
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:05:13 +0100

Am 29.12.2015 um 05:18 Uhr schrieb Benjamin Slade:

>> Benjamin Slade <slade@jnanam.net> writes:
>>> Tried playing with Gnus Alias. There doesn't seem to be a
>>> straightforward way of getting it to work with smtpmail-multi. So, I
>>> can get Gnus Alias to automatically set Sender and Gcc, but then my
>>> smtpmail server isn't set.
>>
>> The wiki page claims that it can set: "Extra headers - a list of
>> arbitrary header to set (e.g. X-Archive: no)". I haven't used this
>> and don't know how it works, but I'll bet you can make it set the
>> X-SMTP-Server header, which would solve your problem.
>
> Ah, I'll look into that. I used extra headers to set Gcc; I'll see if
> I can use it to set the smtp server.

I use this for several years now and set the smtp server among many
other things via posting styles:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(
        (".*"
         MY DEFAULT SETTINGS
        )
        ("work:.*"
         MY WORK SETTINGS
        )
        ("private:.*"
         MY PRIVATE SETTINGS
         ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp smtp.someserver.de 587 username")
        )))

The SMTP server used for work is set using the
normal message-send-mail-function.

--
Jens Klöcker · Public key: http://www.kloecker.org/jens/public-key.txt
        Mastery of UNIX, like mastery of language, offers real freedom.