Re: new gnus setup with Dovecot

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: new gnus setup with Dovecot
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:48:02 -0700

> I wrote this last year, and it's more focused on searching, but the
> basic setup should be plenty viable for you. See if this helps!
>
> https://ericabrahamsen.net/tech/2014/oct/gnus-dovecot-lucene.html

Thanks for this. It looks very close to what I need to set up. Multiple
accounts etc. I was originally thinking to try to piggyback the Gnus
setup on the offlineimap setup I already have for mu4e (so that I could
continue to use both), but looking at the details of the setup, it seems
like it would be better to do a separate setup with mbsync and a
separate maildir for gnus.

Does this setup synchronise well across machines?  I have 3 different
machines that need to synchronise.  For the older offlineimap setup of
http://roland.entierement.nu/blog/2010/09/08/gnus-dovecot-offlineimap-search-a-howto.html
, I note that he customises offlineimap.py to synchronise some Gnus
flags (expire). Can something equivalent be done with mbsync, or this is
no longer necessary?

Is the Lucien search solution working out well for you? One thing I do
really like about mu4e is the speed and flexibility of search.