Re: Can I run Gnus with secondary select methods only?

From: N. Jackson
Subject: Re: Can I run Gnus with secondary select methods only?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 18:37:19 -0400

At 16:24 -0400 on Tuesday 2015-12-01, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> Dan writes:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> Close, try:
>>>
>>>   (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))
>
>> I use
>>
>>   (setq gnus-select-method nil)
>>
>> and have done so for years.  Is there an advantage to using nnnil?
>
> Except that N. said that it didn't work for him, probably not.
>
> I must admit I've never tried.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to suggest that I had tried (setq
gnus-select-method nil).

That was just my guess about what might work. I wanted to check that
Gnus doesn't explode or anything when it doesn't have a "primary" select
method before I tried it.

[Section 1.5 (info "(gnus) Changing Servers") of the manual makes me
very anxious about making changes to my Gnus server configuration. I
didn't want to break everything else that was working fine!]

Regards,
N.