nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix isn't a group parameter?

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix isn't a group parameter?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:44:33 +0100

> Julien writes:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>>> Can you read those from Gnus? I.e. do they belong to a group in Gnus?
>
>> Yes I can and yes they do.
>
> Curiouser and curiouser. What backend do you use to access them?

I finally could fix it: my nnml was stored in ~/email/Local/ so notmuch
had to remove some prefix (which it didn't need to in your setup since
yours is in ~/Mail)

The following is working

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnml "Local"
             (nnml-directory "~/email/Local")
             (nnml-active-file "~/email/Local/active")
             (nnml-get-new-mail nil)
             (nnir-search-engine notmuch)
             (nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix "/home/wilk/email/Local/")
             )
      )

However, I also have 2 Maildirs (in /home/wilk/email/Maildir/Free for
instance) along with the nnml folder, and I wanted to try notmuch on
them too. I have set up some secondary methods like:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "FreeOffline"
                (nnimap-stream shell)
                ;; (nnimap-shell-program "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -c
/home/wilk/.dovecotrc-free")
                (nnimap-shell-program "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o
mail_location=maildir:$HOME/email/Maildir/Free:LAYOUT=fs")
                (nnimap-split-methods default)
                (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
                (nnir-search-engine notmuch)
                (nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix "/home/wilk/email/Maildir/Free/")
                )
)

but nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix seems to be always set to the value
defined in the primary method. So I guess that
nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix is not a group parameter. It would make sense
that it were, don't you think ?

For the time being I'll stick to the imap engine for nnir on the
maildir.

Julien.