Re: Trouble setting up Gnus + OfflineIMAP + dovecot

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: Trouble setting up Gnus + OfflineIMAP + dovecot
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:34:05 +0200

Jeffrey DeLeo <JeffreyDeLeo@gmail.com> writes:

> Taking dovecot out of the mix for the moment, you could try:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir "GMail" (directory "~/Maildir-gmail"))))

That's working, but from what I read, gnus support for maildir has its
problems.

> I guess your .offlineimaprc includes something like:
> [Account Gmail]
> # Identifier for the local repository; e.g. the maildir to be synced via IMAP.
> localrepository = Gmail-local
>
> [Repository Gmail-local]
> type = Maildir
> localfolders = ~/Maildir-gmail

Yes, that's what I have.

So my problems are with dovecot: In Maildir-free (synced from another
IMAP server I'm also setting up), I only synced the "General"
folder. But running

/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir-free
* LIST "" *

lists only an INBOX folder which isn't there...

* LIST "" *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" INBOX
* OK List completed.

Here is the output of ls in this dir, with no INBOX folder in

ls ~/Maildir/free
General          dovecot-uidvalidity           maildirfolder
cur              dovecot-uidvalidity.5629f967  new
dovecot-uidlist  dovecot.index.log             tmp

Maybe this INBOX remains from previous attempts, how can I clear all of
dovecot cache if that's what it is ?

Julien.