Re: expiry-target group parameter does not have any effect

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: expiry-target group parameter does not have any effect
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:39:36 +0100

On 2015-03-07 11:59, Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I just turned on auto-expire in one of my groups with the group
> parameters configured as follows:
>
> ;;; Editing the group parameters for `nnmaildir+mailbox:INBOX.daily'.
> ((auto-expire . t)
>  (expiry-wait . 14)
>  (expiry-target . "nnmaildir+mailbox:Trash"))

I have something similar here (except that I edit the parameter
programmatically):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("^old.*"
         (total-expire . t)
         (expiry-wait . 1)
         (expiry-target . "nnimap+zimbra:archive"))
...))
#+end_src

> I expect read articles older than 14 days to be moved to the group
> "nnmaildir+mailbox:Trash".  But this does not happen.  Said articles are
> correctly deleted in their original group, but nothing appears in the
> Trash group.
>
> Did I mess up my configuration?  Is there a way to "track" the expiry
> process, so I can find out, what is going wrong?

You can look in the *Messages* buffer, there should be logs about
expiring. If there isn't, try increasing gnus's verbosity (setting
`gnus-verbose' to 10 for very very verbose, for instance).

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7