Re: Displaying Images in HTML Mail

From: Les Harris
Subject: Re: Displaying Images in HTML Mail
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:31:32 -0800

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> writes:

> That depends on whether or not it works for you, i suppose.  :-D

Hm. So gnus-article-show-images works when invoked manually. I've tried
adding it to gnus-article-mode-hook by adding/executing the following:

(add-hook
    'gnus-article-mode-hook
    (lambda ()
            (gnus-article-show-images)
            (message "Potentially show images...")))

However when opening an HTML mail with images this seems to have no
affect (manually invoking the command of course works). I can see the
'Potentially show images...' text in the *Messages* buffer so I know the
hook is executing.  Maybe the article mode hook is executing too early?
Or perhaps gnus-article-mode-hook is the incorrect hook to place the funcall.

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,