Re: rendering HTML: how to disable

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: rendering HTML: how to disable
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 00:16:41 +0100

> Usually email-tracking is done via so-called
> "web-bugs", which is a scary way of saying "images"
> - and those aren't fetched by default, are they? Or
> are you talking about something else?

Finally some confusion. I started to believe I know
everything :)

email-tracking, web-bugs, "images", fetching by
default...?

I don't think anything should be fetched by default.
URLs of course shouldn't be followed implicitly. That
would be total chaos: a very exploitable thing indeed.

Only thing should happen is displaying the text
without executing anything. Attached files should be
stored but, again, never executed.

--
underground experts united