Re: Make `r` and `F` behave as `S L` when replying to a message from a m

From: Damien Wyart
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 16:08:57 +0100

[ copy & fu2 gnus.emacs.gnus]

* Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze@wanadoo.fr> in gnu.emacs.help:
> I've just been told that when I reply (`r` or `F`) to a message from
> a mailing list, the `To` is the original message sender's address
> instead of the mailing list address, the latter being in the `Cc`
> field.

> It appears that it should be enough to use `S L` to get the expected
> behavior (the mailing list address in the `To` field, nothing in
> `Cc`), but I'd like a unique keybinding for all the "reply" actions.

> Hence my question: how could I make `r` and `F` behave as `S L` when
> replying to a message from a mailing list?

If the lists have their own Gnus groups, I think the simplest solution
is to play with the corresponding group parameter to-address (and
broken-reply-to if needed). See:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Group-Parameters.html

Else writing a custom replying function might be needed but I don't
think there exists a predefined funtion to check if a message is from
a mailing-list (checking List-Id and X-Mailing-List might be enough,
though).

--
DW