Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 02:17:06 +0200

> I don't think it is unusual to have different
> "profiles" depending on whether you are writing in
> private or as an employee.

Perhaps it is easier to understand if you explain what
"profile" is.

If it is signature, I can see the fun in having for
example several homepages covering various interests of
yours. So when you write on rec.sport.boxing, you have
a link in the signature to your boxing page, when you
write on gnu.emacs.gnus, ..., etc.

That's more like a fun thing but yes, fun is important.

> Email addresses, at the very least, tend to be
> different.

Like in - you use several addresses to send mails from?

> Quotation style

Quoting should always be done and always exactly as we
do here... or else!

> Organization/OpenPGP headers could also differ

OK, I never used those headers but in the example I
provide there is a change of headers when it is news
vs. when it is mail.

This is to my mind not exactly having different
profiles, it is more like doing different things, but
making them automagically take place DWIM-style so that
basically it'll look the same to you.

So my profiling is actually to make it more uniform.

--
underground experts united