Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:23:43 +0200

Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com> writes:

> I need (as everyone) different identities for job,
> private email, etc.

I don't think everyone needs that :)

> As far as I see there are in gnus at least two
> possibilities: 1. gnus-alias 2. posting styles.

I never used gnus-alias but posting-styles I have used
like this:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      (let ((sig "underground experts united"))
        `(("nnml:.*"
           (Newsgroups "")
           (signature ,sig) )
          (message-this-is-news
           (To "")
           (Mail-Copies-To "never")
           (signature ,sig) ))))

So I use it for technical reasons - one branch for
mail, one for news. But I suppose you can put stuff
there and introduce new predicates to allow you to
change "identity" on the fly, though I'm not asking why
you want this. Or did I...

--
underground experts united