Re: How to save the attachment?)

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: How to save the attachment?)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 02:24:41 +0200

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> OK, then get the Message-ID and fetch the archived
>> Gmane version via
>>
>>       http://mid.gmane.org/MESSAGE-ID
>>
>> E.g. for your message:
>>
>>      87a95rfh2y.fsf@debian.uxu">http://mid.gmane.org/87a95rfh2y.fsf@debian.uxu
>
> Yes, that worked for my messages - but for your
> message, that method gives me
>

> http://mid.gmane.org/mailman.9412.1411433560.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org
>
> which doesn't lead to an archived version of your
> message but to an error page.

In my Gnus it shows the message id as 8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us.  And
indeed

       8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us">http://mid.gmane.org/8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us

Works.  I see similar links to the one you see in the
References-header.

Perhaps it is possible to look-up messages from the Gnu mailservers
with that Message-ID?

—Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!