Re: what is a good newsgroup to experiment with my gnus nntp settings?

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: what is a good newsgroup to experiment with my gnus nntp settings?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:20:01 -0700

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> ... In the end, I usually download
> all the headers, for instance ... across a
> dual boot. Unfortunately, I think this has provoked the gmane to block
> my ISP, though I was lucky enough I think the block was removed soon
> after.

Hooray! Finally have a solution to stop worrying about the provocative
downloading of all headers, with

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(
        ("nntp.*"
         (display . 100))
        ))

I wonder why I couldn't get the following to work?

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(
        ("nntp.*"
         (gnus-large-newsgroup 100))
        ))

Also, I'm curious why Gnus sometimes eats the empty line before the
formatted region starting at

,----
`----

Brady